Instagram rolls out new Notes feature
Instagram new Notes feature Overview
Social Media platform, Instagram, has announced a bunch of new features for Android users. Meta (Instagram parent feature), announced in an official blog post that it is adding Notes, Candid Stories, and Group Profiles, giving its users more ways to stay connected to their friends and family using different formats.The new Instagram ‘Notes’ feature is a new way of sharing your mind on the platform. Users can share whatever they want in the form of text (up to 60 characters) and emoji’s. In order to use the Instagram Notes feature, you need to head to your inbox, select any of your followers or close friends and post it.
To read and respond to a Note:
- First, make sure you’ve updated your Instagram app.
- Go to your chat Inbox (use the messaging symbol on the top right of your homepage).
- At the top of the page, you’ll see your own icon with a plus sign on it. You’ll also see the icons of any friends who have sent you a Note; the Notes will appear as small bubbles over their icons. You’ll be able to see the first few words; to read the complete Note (assuming it’s a little longer), tap on it.
- You’ll get a window pop-up from the bottom of the screen that will show you the entire Note. You’ll also get your keyboard so you can send a message in response.
- Once you answer a Note, your answer, and any messages that follow, become part of a normal chat.
To send a new Note:
- Tap on your icon (the one with a plus sign).
- You will get a pop-up in which you can type a Note of up to 60 characters.
- Below your text, you’ll be invited to select the people you want to share the Note with. You have two choices: either you can share it with all of the followers you follow back or with people who are designated “close friends.”